This post is a digression from my other posts on stock investment. As I do not want to start another blog for this, I have decided to post it here so that I could use it for reference in future.
In this post, I tried to estimate the total cost of studying for a 4-year (non-medical related) degree programme in Singapore. Business programmes appear to cost slightly more than other programmes; hence, I use the cost of study for a business programme as a reference.
The total cost is estimated to be about $73,200 in total for a 4-year study, excluding the cost of participating in an optional overseas exchange programme.
Tuition Fees for NUS for AY2014/2015 Intake
https://share.nus.edu.sg/registrar/info/ug/UGTuitionCurrent.pdf
$7,850 per year for most programmes
$9,250 per year for accountancy and business programmes
Tuition Fees for NTU for AY2014/2015 Intake http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/website_files/finaid/tutionFees_1415.pdf
$7,850 per year for most programmes
$8,850 per year for accountancy and business programmes
Tuition Fees for SMU for AY2014/2015 Intake http://www.smu.edu.sg/about/financial/tuition-fees
$7,850 for most programmes
$11,100 for accountancy and business programme
Tuition Fees for SIM University for AY2014/2015 Intake http://uc.unisim.edu.sg/FAQs_Financial.html
$32,000
for accountancy programme
Students need to complete 200 credit units. I suppose it will take 4 years for most students.
Total Tuition Fees for 4 Years for a Business Programme
NUS - $37,000
NTU - $35,400
SMU - $44,400
UniSIM - $32,000
The fees could be paid using the student or the parents’ CPF.
Other Expenses (Transport, Food, phone bills etc. and exclude hostel fee)
Estimated to be $600 per month ($20 per day), $7,200 per year and $28,800 for 4 years
Total cost of study for a 4-year programme (worst case) =$44,400 + $28,800 = $73,200
No comments:
Post a Comment