As mentioned in my earlier posts, I feel that we are near the end of the bull market; hence, I have slowly liquated my stock positions to raise the cash level. Instead of simply leaving the fund in the my saving account, I am looking around for banks that offer good fixed deposit rates. I plan to space out the maturity dates so that I do not need to terminate my fixed deposits prematurely when I need fund to invest.
Apart from visiting the websites of the various banks, one can use the information provided at this website for a quick reference.
http://www.moneylobang.com/best-deposit-rates.php
At present, my spare time is spent on reading investment books. I found the book captioned Your First Million: Making It in Stocks to be an interesting read as it advocates ridiculously high margin of safety and has a local context.
I will re-formulate my investment strategy to focus on downside risk following the adage that if you focus on the downside and the upside will take of itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment