CPF interest rates are reviewed on a quarterly basis and can be found here:
http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/Members/Gen-Info/Int-Rates
It has been 2.5% per annum for ordinary account and 4.0% for Special, Medisave and Retirement Account.
In addition, an additional 1% interest is paid on the first $60,000 of a member's combined balances. If a member is above 55 years old and participates in the CPF LIFE scheme, the additional 1% interest will be earned on his combined balances, which includes the savings used for CPF LIFE.
These rates are significantly higher than any fixed deposit rates in Singapore. It is advisable to transfer fund from Ordinary Account to Special Account as early as possible to enjoy the high interest rates if one does not have other uses for the fund in the Ordinary Account; e.g., purchase property.
I have maxed out my Special Account a long time ago and has been enjoying earning 4% interest.
While waiting for my next value stock to be discovered, I plan to park some fund in fixed deposit. It appears that the best rate I can get is only about 1.3% per annum. I will take my time to consider other options, such as bonds.
No comments:
Post a Comment