Thursday, 21 January 2016

STI dropped 1.06% today and 12.23% YTD

My portfolio has dropped 4.0% YTD.  I did not make any purchases today.

It is important to note that my loss is cushioned by the yet-to-be invested cash in my portfolio.  If I were to calculate the percentage of my loss based on the amount that I have invested, my loss YTD would have been a whopping 10.0%.

Am I fearful yet? I don't feel that.  But maybe fear has already crept in without me knowing it because I am able to resist the temptation not to make purchases.

It helps when my portfolio still has 39.5% cash yet to be invested.  I believe I would be fearful if I have exhausted all my fund.

STI closed at 2,532.7 today. Will it drop below 2,500?  We shall see. I will continue to look for bargains and make selective purchases when the market gives me an offer that I could not refuse.



No comments:

Post a Comment