Saturday, 21 November 2015

Portfolio update

Since my last blog post on 7 October 2015, STI moved from 2,961.81 to a high of 3,104,72 on 26 October 2015 and then retreated to 2,917.91 at the market close on 20 November 2015.

I have continued to buy shares in the period and lowered my cash level to 43.6% (as compared to about 60% on 7 October 2015) and exhausted all my cash, less those left in the fixed deposit.

Despite being investing for many years, I am not immune from making the mistake of not waiting for the right opportunity to buy and sell.  On hindsight, I have bought too fast and was saved by my cash being locked up in the fixed deposit.

My portfolio has given up much of the gain and is now down to 0.4% gain year-to-date.

Moving forward, I expect the market to remain choppy and may present better opportunities for me to accumulate stocks.  Meantime, I will continue to do my research and wait for more cash to be available at the end of January 2016 when one tranche of my fixed deposit matures.



No comments:

Post a Comment